COMMUNITY GUIDELINES AND POWA POLICY
Building Back a Better, Safer Music Scene
POWA’s online and offline community guidelines strictly prohibit abusive language towards members, criminal activity, or bullying of any kind.
POWA's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy
Respectful communication and cooperation between all participants and members of POWA.
POWA seeks to specifically promote the representation of under-represented groups, and we welcome participant feedback at all times.
Communication and open communication to ensure participant and member's varying needs may be accommodated.
Vision is POWA
POWA's vision is to raise money to create opportunities for an underrepresented demographic in the music industry: women, including trans women and non-binary people.
We believe that to break the glass ceiling for women and create sustainable jobs in music for them, we must fight back against the culture of abuse and create opportunities for women's voices to be heard. We have done extensive research on this and collaborated with similar-minded groups in our network, all of which has helped us to prove there is a demand for change.
POWA’s work is inclusive of all women, and a particular focus is paid to how we might support people who fall into more than one underrepresented demographic. Intersectional discrimination should not be tolerated in our music scene, and we must work together to raise the standards of our working conditions.
Community is POWA
POWA’s online and offline community guidelines strictly prohibit abusive language towards members, criminal activity, or bullying of any kind. Please alert POWA via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you see or feel that someone has broken these guidelines, and we will address this as promptly as we can.
Policy is POWA
POWA's Internal Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Policy for all participants and POWA members:
● Respectful communication and cooperation between all participants and members of POWA is
facilitated by its founders in POWA’s online spaces
● POWA seeks to specifically promote the representation of under-represented groups, and we
welcome participant feedback at all times
● Open Communication between POWA’s founders, artists, and members is carried out and frequently monitored to ensure everyone’s needs are met.
POWA uses 7 Pillars of Inclusion to ensure inclusivity in every area of our work:
● ACCESS: Our online environment is carefully and considerately prepared and managed. Our community guidelines are clearly displayed on our website, and our membership space is open
to all genders.
● ATTITUDE: We have spent a lot of time researching the music industry and looking at why it does not seem to be willing to take meaningful action against the issues women face. It is part of
POWA’s mission to enact meaningful and lasting change, and to explore how this will happen by hosting such discussions on our membership space. Our attitude is that change is essential and
completely possible when the industry works together to eradicate abuse against women.
● CHOICE: We don’t pressure our commissioned artists to join the Patreon page or insist members stay, everyone is free to leave and join as they wish.
● PARTNERSHIPS: POWA strongly aligns its values with the partners and sister organisations listed
on our website.
● COMMUNICATION: It is important that respectful communication is maintained at all times between the artists we work with and those who participate in our member space. Our guidelines on this are
clearly displayed on our website which we signpost all members and participants to when they join POWA.
● POLICY: POWA’s internal policy is clearly displayed for members, participants, and the public on our website.
● OPPORTUNITIES: POWA is dedicated to creating opportunities for those considered to be underrepresented demographics.